Posted by Myrtille at 12:40 PM . April 5, 2010
The classic version of this soup calls for crème fraîche. Instead for a more detox version I substituted it with almond cream prepared with arrowroot which makes it easily digestable. It thickens at low temperature. I took one teaspoon of arrowroot mixed it with cold water. Then added almond butter to some rice milk to the mixture.
Ingredients for 2
- 1/2 a bouquet of watercress
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into coarse cubes
- lemon juice
- 1 leek( white part), halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cube of organic vegetable stock
- almond cream made with ( rice milk, almond butter and arrowroot)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced shallot, thinly sliced leek and cubed potato. Cook and let the vegetables sweat for a couple of minutes. Then add mixed 50 cl hot water and stock cube
and stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer, partially covered until vegetables are tender. Add well washed watercress at the end and cook for another 2 minutes. Puree the soup. Add a little almond cream, a squeeze of lemon juice and serve!