If you're looking for an easy and outstandingly delicious sauce,try this recipe!!!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb tin plum tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1 onion,peeled and diced
- 1 ts olive oil
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic,finely chopped
- 1 drop orange essential oil
- 1 ts sugar
- 1 ts fennel seeds
- 1 Tbsp of capers
- 1/4 cup of white wine (I used Côtes de Gascogne)
- salt and pepper to taste
- "piment d'espelette"
- fresh chopped parsley and mint
Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet.Add onion and garlic and cook gently for a few minutes.Add tomatoes,white wine,fennel seeds,essential oil ,sugar.Bring to boil.Reduce heat and cook for 30 min.Off the stove add herbs,"piment d'espelette",capers and season with salt and pepper.
Posted by Myrtille at 2:27 PM . May 17, 2007