Chicken Breasts with Lemon and Fennel

. February 1, 2007



This recipe is adapted from the New York Times.I just added capers and some thyme,reduced the amount of oil.
The result was too bitter for my taste though.I killed the balance of the dish by putting a lot of lemon juice...A whole lemon for just two servings when half was sufficient.
TIP:I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU BRAISE VEGETABLES IN THE OVEN!!!IT'S SO MUCH MORE FLAVORFUL


Ingredients
-1/2 lemon.Zest it and cut it into matchsticks.
-2 chicken breasts
-1 ts olive oil
-1 medium large fennel bulb,sliced lengthwise and cut in strips
-1 small onion
-1/2 cup broth
-1/2 cup white wine
-1 ts capers
-1 egg yolk

Gently sauté chicken in olive oil for 2 minutes per side until half cooked.In another pan braise fennel with onion,lemon zest,wine,broth and thyme.When tender and half reduced add chicken for a few minutes with drained capers.Aside beat egg yolk with lemon juice and some broth on very low heat until consistence has doubled.Bon appetit!

0 comments:

Profile

My photo
Paris, France
Welcome on my blog! I'd love to hear from you, so feel free to comment on anything you read here. Enjoy the visit!

Sponsor




Archives