#27 SHF Aromatic Bilberry Brownies

. January 21, 2007



This month's Sugar High Friday is hosted by David Lebovitz and the theme is chocolate by brand.For my first contribution as a new food blogger I decided to pick from my bookmark "bar "of recipes.This is an adaptation of Katherin Hepburn's Brownies.
Deciding which brand I was going to use wasn't easy.Being a chocophile and having tasted some of the most exquisite ones from La Maison du chocolat,Weiss,Alain Furet,Valhrona,Bernard Dufoux,made me all the more hesitant?So..???Well,I don't think you need to use the finest brand for brownies and I wasn't going to hesitate for hours: my choice :Poulain Dessert 64%, is good enough for home baking,available at my grocery store. It's a traditional good quality ,French chocolate.The result was chewy,with a crakly top .Scrumptious and dense regarding the taste.I sure didn't want them to have a spongy,cakey aspect.They were difficult to cut in squares though...as you can notice on my picture!

Ingredients
- 1 stick butter
- 4 ounces of chocolate
-1/4 cup flour
-2 eggs
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup bilberries
-"chai blend":cardamom,cinnamon,ginger,fennel seeds,sechuan pepper)

Melt together chocolate and butter with spices.Stir in sugar,add eggs and beat well.Add bilberries.Bake for about 40 min
at 325° F.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look fantastic! Rich and chocolaty.

Myrtille said...

Thanks kristen!

Profile

My photo
Paris, France
Welcome on my blog! I'd love to hear from you, so feel free to comment on anything you read here. Enjoy the visit!

Sponsor




Archives