My Grandma's Apple Cake

. October 29, 2009




Here is a tribute to my grandma, my favorite apple cake recipe I hold dear.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

Crust

1 ½ cup sugar
4 eggs
6tbs cold water
1 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
3 cups flour
pinch of salt

Filling
8 apples (sliced large)
¼ c sugar and cinnamon mixed
¼ c finely cut coconut and raisins

Divide crust in 2/3 and 1/3 for bottom and top. Put one layer on bottom then place filling leaving a little of sugar and cinnamon, coconuts and raisins for topping. After top crust is covered sprinkle the rest of the ingredients.
Bake  in  350  f° (5 ) for one hour in large pan.










 

6 comments:

Laura said...

Great recipe. There is something about family recipes, when you make them, they bring back great memories. Thanks for sharing.

DINING WITH BATALI said...

Okay - -I'm in luck! I have gazillion apples..and your recipe will be my guide this weekend! Grandma's recipes are always the best! Thanks for sharing!

Myrtille said...

- Thanks Laura

- Thanks! Let me know how it turned out Maria.

frichtidelasouris said...

thanks for sharing:)

French Cooking for Dummies said...

Grandma's cake recipes always rock! It looks delicious :-)

Silvia said...

Les recettes des grande-mères sont parmi mes préférées!! Comme celle-ci que tu propose :-) J'ai hâte de te retrouver à Soissons, à très vite!
Bises, Silvia

Profile

My photo
Paris, France
Welcome on my blog! I'd love to hear from you, so feel free to comment on anything you read here. Enjoy the visit!

Sponsor




Archives