Chestnut and Tonka Bean Brownies

. February 16, 2008



I saw this recipe here.
Just couldn't wait to make them... I adapted the brownies to my taste by putting less sugar, less flour,less eggs . I'm a huge fan of chesnut and chocolate. Will definitely make them again!

Ingredients:

7-9 whole roasted chestnuts,
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
(1 stick, 4 ounces) unsalted butter
1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 grated tonka bean

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.

Coarsely chop the chestnuts; you should have 1/2 cup.

Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof medium bowl set over a pan of simmering water, whisking to combine them. Set the bowl aside in a warm spot. In a clean medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.

Transfer the chocolate and butter mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the sugars and beat on medium speed to combine the ingreidnets thoroughly, about 30 seconds. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract , scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. On low speed, beat in the dry ingredients, followed by the chestnuts.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly with an offset spatula. Bake the brownies until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the brownies have begun to pull away from the sides the pan, 20 to 25 minutes. Rotate the pan 180 degrees halfway through the baking time to ensure even baking.

They are easiest to cut after being chilled several hours or overnight; after cutting the chilled brownies, allow them to come to room temperature before serving.

4 comments:

Peter M said...

Myrtille, I've been looking high and low for Tonka beans here in Toronto...what kind of store did you buy them from?

Brilynn said...

Those look awesome, I've never used tonka bean before!

Anonymous said...

This looks really good. I don't know that I would have thought of it. (The photography is also excellent.) I'll try it myself sometime soon, but I'm sure they won't look quite so good.

Charenn29 said...

great post, I really like it. Thanks for posting. :)

Profile

My photo
Paris, France
Welcome on my blog! I'd love to hear from you, so feel free to comment on anything you read here. Enjoy the visit!

Sponsor




Archives